Board & Staff
Critical Explorers was incorporated in 2006 and received its 501 (c) (3) non-profit status in 2007. The members of its active board of directors are researchers and practitioners in curriculum and pedagogy and have long experience in schools. Its advisors include experts in community development and in education, including research, teacher education, school reform, and child and adolescent development.
Board of Directors
- Eleanor Duckworth, Professor of Education Emerita, Harvard University
- Claryce Evans, retired educator. Positions included: Lecturer and Project Director, Harvard Graduate School of Education; Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Evaluation, Duxbury Public School System; Director, School Improvement Program, Boston Public Schools; Educational Advisor to the Financial Administrator, Cleveland Public Schools
- Chris Lowry, SOC Signatory (Signing Officer), CEPress (Critical Exploration Press), LLC; President, Friends of Watertown Music, Inc.
- Kimo Carter, Assistant Superintendent for Teaching and Learning, Weston Public Schools; Former Principal, Watertown Middle School
- Gopal Krishnamurthy, Director, MS, Science Teacher Certification, Core Faculty, Masters and Doctoral Programs, Environmental Studies, Antioch University New England
- Fiona McDonnell, Vice President of Academic Affairs, NHTI, Concord’s Community College, Concord, NH (2017- 2019); Department Head, Teacher Education, Cambridge College, Boston (2016-2017); Associate Professor of Education, Emmanuel College (2010-2016)
- Hilary Sallick, Teacher (Adult Basic Education), Somerville Public Schools / SCALE; Board Representative, Somerville Teachers’ Association
- Lisa Schneier, Assistant Professor, School of Education, Emmanuel College; Lecturer, Harvard Graduate School of Education; Teacher and Writing Coach, Boston Public Schools (1984-1999, 2007-2009)
Alythea McKinney, Executive Director